Whether you're searching for a shorter trail you can take kids on or a more strenuous excursion that takes you deep into nature, these 9 trails in the Baltimore area have something for everyone! Pack a picnic, make sure your phone battery is charged, and get ready to explore some of the scenic nature in Baltimore!
Take a look at these 9 parks with trails to explore in Baltimore and see what's special about each one:
- Location: There are 9 trailheads—click here for exact addresses!
- Trail Length: 15 miles
- Fun Fact: This incredible trail connects 30+ neighborhoods in Baltimore as well as 2,000 acres of parkland
- Location: Click here to see a map of the park!
- Trail Length: The Jones Falls Trails is 2.75 miles in the park, and the Reservoir Loop is 1.5 miles.
- Fun Fact: This incredible 745-acre park features the Maryland Zoo, 135 acres of woodlands, a lake, historic buildings, public art, playgrounds and playfields, and much more!
- Location: From the Mt Washington neighborhood to the Inner Harbor. Click here to see a map.
- Trail Length: 11 miles
- Fun Fact: This trail passes by historic features, public art, playgrounds, restaurants, parks, and so much more!
- Location: There are many entry points, and the trail extends from Keswick Rd. and Wyman Park Dr. to Friends School of Baltimore at Deepdene Rd. Click here to see all access points!
- Trail Length: 2.9 miles
- Fun Fact: This trail goes through 15 neighborhoods and also connects Loyola University and Johns Hopkins University
- Location: Click here to see a complete map of trails, as well as trail length
- Fun Fact: This 500-acre park not only features many trails that are consistently maintained, but also features a Nature Center, Ranger Station, pavilions with beautiful views, an off-leash dog park, a children's play area, and much more!
- Location: 8020 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043 / Click here for maps of trails!
- Trail Length: 200+ miles of trails
- Fun Fact: This 16,043-acre park is filled with opportunities for hiking, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, camping, and more!
- Location: Located near Parkville at 8211 Glen Rd Baltimore MD 21234
- Trail Length: 1.7 miles
- Fun Fact: In addition to scenic trails, enjoy picnic pavilions and a playground
- Location: 2002 Cromwell Bridge Rd Parkville, MD 21234
- Trail Length: This park features several trails—click here to view the complete map!
- Fun Fact: This 460-acre park features excellent areas for bird watching, Willow Grove Farm (with children's educational center), and more.
- Location: 4915 Greenspring Ave, Baltimore, MD 21209
- Trail Length: Click here for a complete map of trails!
- Fun Fact: This 207-acre park features 20+ lovely gardens to explore, an incredible collection of trees and shrubs, and scenic wildlife to enjoy.
Want to keep exploring the Baltimore area?
Check out these ideas for fun things to do in Baltimore:
Where are the best parks in Baltimore? Northwest Regional Park, Meadowood Regional Park, D...
Looking for a way to keep your kids entertained and engaged this summer? Get them making m...